Monday, November 29, 2010

Bangkok, Thailand

The girls and I have split up for now. Amanda went to go visit with her family somewhere in Thailand and Holly went to go get her scuba diving certificate. I was going to go meet them later in Thailand. For now, this journal entry will be about my adventure through Bangkok, Thailand.

February 2008
Bangkok, Thailand

I stayed in Big John's Hostel all by myself. That's pretty impressive, right? I can go without Amanda and Holly for a few days. It was no big deal.

I loved Bangkok, but it took a while for me to get used to the city. The streets and roads were so confusing, but I finally got it down.


Actually, I began to feel really lonely here in the hostel. Without Amanda and Holly, I didn't have anyone to talk to. There were other backpackers and travelers, but it wasn't the same without them.

After hanging around the hostel lobby and just lounging around, I decided to needed to lighten up. Amanda and Holly were very important to me, but I shouldn't have depended on them so much to have a good time. I needed to depend on myself for once to have a good time. I needed to go out on my own and find my own fun.

I had made new friends at Big John's Hostel and we visited a lot of places together.

We visited Lumpini Park.



We shopped at Little Siam. The place had so many stores that contained jewelry and other souvenirs that I would have loved to bring back home with me.

Before I knew it, I was busy with all sorts of plans with my new friends. Before I thought I had been so alone and had so much free time, but then I had no time left for myself.

On the last day of my stay in Bangkok, one of my friends that I had made there, Frank, decided for us to go to Wat Pho. It was the biggest and oldest temple in all of Bangkok and we had to see it.

Inside of Wat Pho, the temple contained a reclining Buddha statue. It was so beautiful and huge.



Amanda, Holly, and I had already reunited after Amanda hung out with her family and Holly got her scuba diving certification.

We were ready to head off to Bali.


Thai Pop



No comments:

Post a Comment